Event Submission Criteria
The following types of events are eligible for the Community Events Calendar:
- Cultural and arts shows, presentations, and concerts.
- Events hosted by sporting groups, clubs, and social service organizations.
- Events open to the general public.
- Training programs.
- Special meetings, such as annual general membership meetings.
- Events outside of Venango County if the events are sponsored by a group or organization based in Venango County.
- Church or religious organization events that are non-sectarian in nature, such as annual picnics and festivals.
The following types of events are NOT eligible for the Community Events Calendar:
- Store sales and promotions, unless proceeds are being donated to a not-for-profit organization in Venango Area.
- Personal fundraisers.
- Regular meetings of membership organizations.
- Free information workshops used to solicit clients.
- Political events.
- Events that promote any specific religion or religious belief.
- Events that promote discrimination based on race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, marital status, or political beliefs.
The Venango Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to make the final decision about inclusion of an event in the Community Events Calendar.
Please contact us with any comments or inquiries regarding these criteria and guidelines, or call the Venango Area Chamber of Commerce at 814-676-8521.