| || || |
- Pithole Sledding PartyGrab your sled and cruise down the snow covered slopes of Pennsylvania’s legendary oil boomtown! It’s the perfect way to shake off your winter blues. Participants will enjoy hours of fun in the snow, hot cocoa, snacks, history and more. Donations welcome. Pithole Visitor Center 14118 Pithole Road, Pleasantville, PA 16341. (weather dependent)
- National Transit Open StudiosMeet and watch 20+ Artists at work in their studios: stained glass, jewelry, photography, painting, and more!
Free and open to the public.
- Oil Valley Quilters GuildMonthly meeting, Oil Valley Quilters Guild.
Oil Valley Quilters Guild, National Quilting Association Chapter, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and education of quilting arts chapter of Membership is open to all who live in the Oil Region of Pennsylvania. Members of all skill levels are welcomed, from beginner to expert. Youth are given free membership with an adult member sponsorship. Membership dues are $25.00. Meetings include a program or presentation of quilting techniques. The guild participates in various charity and community outreach projects.
- Youth Alternatives Annual Fundraiser Valentine's Day DanceYouth Alternatives Annual Valentine's Day Dance to benefit our Childrens Camping Program. Held at Oil City VFW Post#464 Saturday February 11th 2017. Doors open at 7pm, Dead Level starts at 8pm till Midnight. Guest tickets are $10.00. Tickets are being sold at both Youth Alternatives Centers, Oil City VFW and Venango Chamber Of Commerce.
- Night SkiFree cross country night ski at Oil Creek State Park on Saturday, February 11th. If there isn't enough snow/gets canceled or if there is a lot of snow, there may be one Saturday, February 25th. Please meet at the ski hut and bring a head lamp or flashlight and snacks to share for after the ski.
- Valentine's Cabaret - Susanne Ortner & John MarcinizynLove and Romance will be in the air as ARCA opens its 2017 season with a Valentine’s Cabaret in Lincoln Hall in Foxburg with the glorious artistry of The Susanne Ortner and John Marcinizyn Duo. Glittering candlelight and cabaret table seating (with beverages by donation) make it the perfect night out with your sweetheart to celebrate the Valentine’s Day holiday. Cheese and snacks will be served and beverages by donation.
- United Way Big Basket BingoCome out and join us at United Way’s Fourth Annual BIG BASKET BINGO event which will be held at the Rocky Grove Fire Hall on Saturday, February 18th, 2017. Doors will open at 11:00 am and games will start at 1:00pm. Advanced ticket sales are available now for $20.00 at the United Way Office in Reno,and the Venango Area Chamber Office in Oil City. Tickets will also be available at the door for $25.00. Anyone under the age of 18 may attend as long they are accompanied by a parent . In addition there will be a 50/50 drawing, lottery tree, rip-off tickets.
- Beer SamplingScierka's Tavern will hold a beer sampling on Saturday, February 18th from 6 to 8 pm. We will have a representative from Great Lakes, Sam Adams, and Hamburg breweries giving out free samples of 9 different beers. We will also be selling 4oz samples of any of the 50+ beer varieties we supply. Some of the breweries we supply are Southern Tier, Abita, Brooklyn Beer, Hofbrau, Otter Creek, Founder's, Troegs, North Country, Dogfish Head, Sierra, Nevada, Zywiec, Voodoo, and many more. Stop down to taste some great beer
Calendar Quick Jump - 2017
Other great sources for local happenings:
(Click the title of each publication to be taken to that website)
This weekly entertainment guide is provided by The Derrick./The News Herald, but accessible by non-subscribers, too. The most recent additions can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the homepage.
As “Your Guide to Venango County,” this website provides an events calendar and information on arts, culture, entertainment, the outdoors, and sports and recreation.